Daytime classes: Circomedia, Britannia Rd, Kingswood, BS15 8DB
Evening dances: Trinity Centre, Trinity Road, BS2 0NW
NB Circomedia has two sites, don’t go to the other one!
We’re really sorry, due to very late room confirmations we haven’t been able to get this year’s schedule done in advance. It will be available at registration. The website currently shows the 2017 schedule, but all main times and venues are the same except:
– Savoy Stream will be at Circomedia along with the other tracks
– Morning stretch starts later at 10.15am and is now all 3 days
– 5.15pm class is Stretch/cool-down only, no other dance tasters
– JnJ heats start 15 mins later at 9pm
– There is no blues class this year at the late night
– Your ticket includes 3 nights at Trinity and the late night at All Hallows
– It doesn’t include the tea dance and your wristband won’t get you in
– Fri night 6.30-11.30pm
– Sat morning 10am-12 noon
– Sat night 9-10pm
If you can’t arrive during those times then please text Heather 07891 090 743 to let her know when you’ll arrive. She will let security know to expect you, otherwise you won’t be able to get in to the dances.
– All tracks take place 11am-3pm on Sat/Sun/Mon.
– The schedule available at registration will show which room you are in and the break times. We have staggered the break times to reduce waiting times in the cafe. (You are also welcome to bring your own food.)
Solo, Beginners & Savoy tracks
– If you want lunch from the on-site cafe, then you will need to pre-order and pay at 10.45am in the classroom. Your lunch will then be delivered to the class room.
– This is because there isn’t enough space or time for all 6 tracks to use the cafe at lunchtime.
– During the day you will need to bring a water bottle to fill up. We’ll have water containers outside the classroom entrances. If you forget, you’ll be able to buy a bottle in the cafe.
– At night, water & cups will be available from the bar.
Taster Classes: What do you need to bring?
– Circus Tasters: scroll down for a list of what to bring, especially important for aerial disciplines.
– Morning & evening stretch/yoga: you will be more comfortable if you bring something that you can lie on (sweatshirt, towel, yoga mat). Sessions will be yoga-based but don’t need any experience.
Taster Classes: What will you be doing & where?
– There will be lists on the wall at daytime and evening venues which will show which circus tasters you are booked in for, and where each one is held. Please check the list well before the class time.
– Some people will have 4 hours, most have 5. Everyone has been granted at least their first 3 choices, many have 4 choices. We haven’t allocated late responses yet, but hope to be able to give you at least your first two choices.
– Morning & evening stretch/yoga: just turn up. These sessions will be in the gym on Sat/Sun/Mon at 10.15am with Kira, and on Sat/Sun at 5.15pm with Julia.
Taster Classes: What if i didn’t fill in my choices or need to change?
– Please come and see David or Mariana in the office area at Circomedia (small room next to the gym) and we’ll add you in or switch you wherever we can.
There will be massage sessions available during the day at Circomedia, book yourself in when you arrive there.
– Heats 9pm upstairs on Sunday night, you’ll be able to get in 15-20 mins before so we’ll start promptly at 9pm. No need to register, just be there before it starts.
Evening food & drinks
– There will be a full bar and full food menu available at Trinity, please don’t bring anything of your own.
Late night food & drinks
– The after-party at All Hallows will have toast and tea/coffee available. You are welcome to bring anything else you want.
– If you are bringing drinks for the after-party with you to Trinity, please bring them in a bag with your name on it and be prepared to leave the bag downstairs with security if they ask you to. And don’t forget to collect it later!
Essential information for circus tasters
It is very important that you wear appropriate clothing for safety and to protect your skin. What you need to bring depends on which circus skills you have chosen:
Trapeze/Aerial Hoop/Rope/Silks – wear long-sleeved tops and leggings, two pairs are more comfortable, definitely no baggy or tight restricting clothes. Sports bras recommended.
Chinese pole – it is essential to wear jeans, and leggings underneath are strongly advised. And trainers with good grip that can be tied very tightly.
Everything else – clothes you can move freely in, nothing loose or sharp that could catch you or others.
We will ask you to fill in a disclaimer form at registration. If this identifies any risks please discuss these with your circus teacher.