Ticket Update on 13th JanuaryThere are only a handful of weekend passes available. Apart from beginners, single follow places have all sold out but there are couple tickets available in Level 1, Level 3 and the Savoy Class; 10 in total. There are also 5 spaces left in the Solo Jazz class. If you're planning to come to the whole festival please book soon or you'll miss out on all the great classes and circus tasters.
Social Passes will be available from 9am on Thursday 15th January. Just click on Prices & Booking and follow the link. The social pass gets you entry to the dances on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at The Trinity and the afterparty on Sunday evening. There will be a dance class on Friday, a special swing and circus cabaret on Saturday and a live band + Jack n Jill on Sunday. We're looking at a new venue for the afterparty and may be able to have some late night performances there too.
The Bristol Swing Festival is now in its fifth year!
Every year our aim has always been to be the event that thinks of everything. We try to create the perfect Lindy Hop festival, with an added Bristol twist. According to your feedback we get pretty close each year. So what new things can you expect next year?
- a 3 hour workshop each day with some of the hottest teachers around: JB & Tatiana, Ron & Sharon and Bic & Simone for the main level classes.
- the return of our dedicated beginners stream: 9 hours being nurtured by the fantastic Rob & Tina.
- a brand new Solo Jazz stream working for three solid days with Trisha.
- a brand new fixed Level 2 and above class. This will be taught by Ben & Ash. There will be work to do leading up to the festival as well as follow-up work. This stream will be more a structured learning experience than the rotating classes.
- an expanded range of circus skills choices, now including stage fighting, performance and clowning, as well as the old favourites such as chinese pole, aerial trapeze, and tight wire.
- a jaw-dropping cabaret showcasing some of the best in circus and dance
- the Jack 'n' Jill with its special Bristol twist ;-)
- plus the return of old favourites such as our late night blues, and the unbelievably glamorous Bristol Dinner Ladies bringing you grapes on the dance floor at midnight. what's not to like?!